A credit score is an integral part of the credit report, a document that every lender scrutinises prior to approving a loan application. It is imperative at all times to maintain a healthy credit score.
There are four credit bureaus licensed to operate by the RBI in India today, namely CIBIL, Equifax, Experian and CRIF High Mark. None of the bureaus currently offer free individual credit reports, and they are available on submission of basic documentation and payment of a nominal fee.
However, if you do wish to avail of a free credit score, www.freescoreindia.com does offer this service together with Equifax, one of the said bureaus. You can obtain your score by following a very simple process.
How to get your free credit score:
- Log on to http://www.freescoreindia.com/.
- Click on ‘Check your free credit score’.
- Fill in a simple online application form.
- Provide information such as your name, email address, city you are located in, and phone number.
- The reason for requirement of the credit score also needs to be stated.
- Once done, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On submission of all the required details and documents, your credit score will be updated to your online account (registered with www.freescoreindia.com) within 72 hours.
- You will receive notification via email and SMS regarding the same.
- You can now login and check your score.
Keep in mind that a good credit score is essential, and more so if you are planning to apply for a new loan or credit card.